To support the Single Women/Widows/Women who are head of their families to take up income generating activity.
The eligibility criteria for coverage of beneficiaries under the Nari Arthik Sashaktikaran Yojana shall be as follows:
- The applicants should be persons belonging to Scheduled Castes.
- Their annual family income should be below Double the Poverty Line limit as prescribed from time to time. (Presently Rs.98,000/- in rural and Rs.1,20,000/- in urban areas).
- The applicant should be either Single Woman (Widow, Divorcee, Single Mother, or Single Women aged above 35 years).
- All women registered under Widow Pension Scheme who strictly meet the conditions as per (a) & (b) above would also be eligible for loans under the Scheme.
- The age of the applicant should be between 25-50 years.
The eligible candidates can avail financial assistance under any of NSFDC’s Schemes as per unit cost prescribed for those Schemes.
Quantum of Assistance
NSFDC would provide need based loans under the Scheme as permissible under NSFDC Term Loan Lending Policy, without insisting on any promoter contribution and after taking into consideration the margin money being provided by SCAs and subsidy provided to Below Poverty Line (BPL) beneficiaries under the Central Sector Scheme of Special Central Assistance to the Special Component Plans @ Rs.10,000 /- or 50% of the unit cost, whichever is less.
The beneficiaries selected under the Scheme can also be considered for assistance under NSFDC’s Skill Training Programme to undergo relevant vocational and entrepreneur development training in reputed institutions, if she so desires.
The SCA would be provided 2% of the loan amount as grant for the purpose of carrying out ‘handholding activity’ for the beneficiaries covered under the Scheme, subject to a maximum of Rs.4000/- per unit.
The beneficiaries covered under the Scheme would be eligible to avail further assistance for expansion of business after 2 years of availment of first loan provided the repayment is regular.
The NSFDC shall charge moderate interest under Nari Arthik Sashaktikaran Yojana (NASY) @ 1% p.a. the SCAs, which in turn, shall charge 4% p.a. the beneficiaries.
The loan under the NASY is to be repaid in quarterly instalments, within a maximum period of 10 years including moratorium period.
3 months to 24 months depending upon the nature of scheme.