SKILL DEVELOPMENT TRAINING PROGRAMMES
- The NSFDC has been sponsoring employment oriented NSQF compliant Skill Development Training Programmes for the persons belonging to Scheduled Castes.In case of SDTPs, there is no income criterion for the aspirants.
- The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India, has launched the Pradhan Mantri – Dakshta Aur Kushalta Sampann Hitgrahi (PM-DAKSH) Yojana, a Central Sector Scheme, from the financial year 2020-21, for providing for trainings to marginalized persons covering, inter-alia, the Scheduled Castes persons between the age of 18 to 45 years.
- The main objective of PM-DAKSH Yojana is to develop the skills of target groups and make them employable either in self-employment or wage-employment. Besides, the rural artisans, belonging to the target group, who have become marginalized owing to coming of better technologies in the market, would also be trained so as to adopt newer process and increase their incomes for better living.
- NSFDC is one of the implementing agencies of PM-DAKSH Yojana and accordingly, NSFDC has been sponsoring the NSQF compliant Skill Development training Programmes for the persons belonging to Scheduled Castes. The Skill Development Training Programmes are being implemented through the Training Institutes selected by MoSJ&E, on year to year basis.
- There are four types of Skill Development Training Programmes under PM-DAKSH Yojana:
- Up-skilling/Re-skilling - Normally, having duration from 35 to 60 hours and spaced over up to 35 days.
- Short Term Training - Normally, having duration from 200 to 300 hours and up to 3 months, as stipulated in National Occupational Standards (NOS) and Qualification Packs (QPs).
- Entrepreneurship Development Programme (EDP) – Normally, having duration up-to 90 hours/15 days or as stipulated by Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India.
- Long Term Training - Normally, having duration up-to 650 hours/7 months, as stipulated by the concerned Board/Regulatory Body of the Training Centre.
- Under the programmes, the trainees are provided free training and stipend @ Rs.1500/- per month after the training, subject to overall attendance percentage of a trainee is 80% and above in the entire training period, through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT), as per the advice of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India and Gazette Notification dated 16.02.2017, issued under the provision of Section-7 of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016.
- On successful completion of training and Assessment & Certification of trainees, they are provided placement assistance and/or entrepreneurial guidance to start their own ventures with financial assistance from NSFDC through State Channelizing Agencies/ Channel Partners.
- The Skill Development Training Programmes under PM-DAKSH Yojana, are being implemented through dedicated PM-DAKSH Portal.
- The youth from the target group, interested for Skill Development Training Programmes, can register their candidature through PM-DAKSH Portal “https://pmdaksh.dosje.gov.in” or Mobile App “PMDAKSH” to be downloaded from Google Play Store.
Click to view - PM-DAKSH Yojana Guidelines for skilling of Marginalized Sections belonging to SCs, OBCs, De-notified Tribes (DNTs), EBCs, Safai Karamcharis including Waste Pickers.