SKILL DEVELOPMENT TRAINING PROGRAMMES
- NSFDC sponsors Skill Development Training Programmes for persons belonging to the target group. In case of Skill Development Training there is no income criteria of candidates.
- In these programmes, the trainees are provided free training and stipend @Rs.1500/- per month during the training period, subject to 90% attendance of trainees in each month.
- On successful completion of training, the trainees are also provided placement assistance and/or entrepreneurial guidance to start their own ventures with financial assistance from NSFDC through State Channelising Agencies/Channel Partners.
- Skill training is provided in high impact labour intensive sectors such as Computer Technology, Apparel Technology, Plastic Technology, Retail, Hospitality, Health care, Food Processing etc.
- NSFDC has recently revised its Skill Development Training Policy for implementation of NSFDC sponsored skill training programmes, with effect from 01.04.2016. The Common Norms notified by the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship, Govt. of India, have been incorporated in the NSFDC Skill Development Training Policy 2016.
- As per the new policy, NSFDC would continue to give preference to Government /Semi-Government /Autonomous Institutions and Universities/Deemed Universities for conducting its sponsored skill development training programmes. NSFDC may also consider proposals received from SSCs/SSC affiliated training providers for training preferably for cluster development, especially in areas where NSFDC would be channelising funds through Non-Banking Financial Company-Micro Finance Institutions (NBFC-MFIs).
- Those training institutes with whom NSFDC has signed Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) to promote “learn, earn and pay” model of skill training through VETLS would be given preference in sponsoring training programmes.
- Courses approved by the concerned Sector Skill Council (SSC) shall be considered for sponsoring by the NSFDC.
- NSFDC has also launched a Portal in its website for registration of Sector Skill Council affiliated Voluntary Organization/NGOs, for Skill Training through Sector Skill Councils.